After three years since the start of the pandemic, life has remained challenging. Work, family, health, finances, politics, uncertainty and lots of change: these things and more can cause daily stress and strain. It’s no wonder many of us are feeling depleted.
During this six-week virtual group, participants will learn a framework to understand their body’s innate wisdom in navigating stress, identify concrete ways to support different facets of their wellness, and experience supportive connection within the group. The group hopes to empower participants with a sense of agency, while also embodying the reality that being well in the midst of ongoing stress is a communal task.
This group will cover topics such as:
- Understanding why we feel what we’re feeling: our nervous system and polyvagal theory
- Resources to respond to the information our body is giving us (somatic awareness)
- Support for our thoughts and cognitions
- Nourishment for our values and beliefs about the world
- Attending to our daily rhythms • Strengthening relationships with the people important to us (community care)
The group will be facilitated by Elaine Tang, MSSW Graduate Intern (she/her) with the Employee Assistance Program. The group will meet via Zoom on Tuesdays from 1 to 2 pm beginning in late May 2023 and is limited to 10 participants. Group members will attend a screening via Zoom with the facilitators before entry into the group. Please sign up for a screening by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org