Mental Health Referrals
If you are looking for a referral, the counselors at the Employee Assistance Program are here to help you.
- Call the EAP at 512-471-3366 or email us to ask for a referral
- Make an appointment to discuss options for referrals. When you meet with a counselor about referrals you will learn the differences in types of providers, identify questions to ask potential providers and develop realistic expectations for counseling or other supportive services. We will take into consideration specific needs and can recommend a provider on your insurance panel.
- Look up resources online.
- Find a behavioral health provider on your insurance plan. Outpatient mental health counseling with a preferred provider requires a copay of $30 per session. Outpatient counseling with a provider that is not on the panel is covered at 60% of usual and customary charges after a $750 per person deductible.
- Selecting a therapist that is right for you is important and can be confusing. The Choosing a therapist webpage provides guidance.
- 2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.