As the UT community comes back together in-person, the HealthPoint Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here to help support the transition. We recognize that there are both new and persisting challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic so the EAP is continuing to offer these resources as a guide through some of these challenges.
Guides and Resources
- Please stay up to date about the latest UT COVID 19 updates.
- See our guide for ideas on how to best manage social distancing and working remotely (PDF)
- View the Managing Employees During Challenging Times (English, Spanish) handout for tips and ideas on how to best manage staff with newly presented challenges, due to the current circumstance
- The Managing Emotions as an Essential Worker handout provides advice on how to navigate through the range of emotions that employees may be feeling at this time. Vea el folleto Manejando las Emociones como un Trabajador Esencial aquí.
- View the Guide to Day to Day Living Under COVID-19 for resources to stay mentally and physically healthy, connect with and support UT employees, and work on your own professional development and growth
- Check out the American Psychological Association website for managing common psychological reactions to COVID 19.
Relevant Groups and Videos
- A weekly discussion/support meeting, called Parenting in Challenging Times, is being offered virtually each Wednesday from 10-11 a.m. to support those that are caring for kids during these challenging times. Learn more here.
- EAP is offering Mindful Meditation sessions via the Zoom platform each Tuesday and Thursday from 5pm-5:15pm. Join us as we guide and instruct in mindful exercises that will help you feel more fully aware and present in the moments of everyday life. Learn more here.
- When Yoga for Anxiety is offered through UT, the series fills up in minutes and often has a wait list of over 200 people. Now, the EAP is putting together videos online that have components of Yoga for Anxiety, with physical sequences, breathing techniques, yogic philosophy, and meditation and mindfulness exercises. Visit this page now: Yoga for Anxiety videos